To provide navigation tools for life's most important relationship including creating strong marriages, facilitating sensible divorces and encouraging wise choices for remarriages.
Our Value Pledges
1) Platinum Rule: We pledge to maintain a higher standard than the "golden rule" which states that we will treat others the way we want to be treated. The Alpha "platinum rule" states that we must treat those who come to us for assistance the way they want to be treated.
2) Compassion: We pledge to hold a genuine empathy and concern for the well-being of those who seek our guidance. All Alpha professionals will listen carefully and continuously to gain true understanding of each individual's needs.
3) Excellence: We pledge to seek the highest standard of excellence in the professionals we engage and in every program or service, we offer. Alpha members will continually request and examine feed back from all those who benefit from our programs and services.
4) Integrity: We pledge to remain forthright and honest with all of those who seek our guidance. This standard will be upheld even if it has a detrimental result on our organization.
5) Respect: We pledge to recognize that while our professionals may hold knowledge unknown to those who seek our services, they are available to meet the needs of those who seek their assistance. They will not hold themselves above or below others, but will engage in a relationship of mutual respect
The Alpha Story
Keila Gilbert, Esquire, formed The Alpha Center following her own experience with divorce. She was convinced that there had to be a better and healthier way to divorce that would benefit the family as a whole as well as the divorcing partners. Of particular concern was the children’s emotional well being as well as the positive effects for the spouses as they transition to a new stage in their lives.
In 2002, Ms Gilbert, who had been a teacher prior to pursuing her legal career, used her teaching skills to develop a series of education programs about divorce that were provided through community schools and other organizations.
Over the past two years, Ms Gilbert worked with other Alpha Center professionals to develop education programs and resources directed at saving both marriages and helping individuals make better post divorce and remarriage decisions. Valuable tools have been developed to assist therapists, employee assistance organizations and human resource professionals in their efforts to reduce the negative impact of relationship stress.
In a little over a decade, the Alpha Center has grown to over eight offices in Pennsylvania and six offices in New Jersey and will soon be expanding to New York. The demand for Alpha Center’s education programs and services is rapidly accelerating. In the next five years, the goal is to grow to serve individuals, professionals and organizations nationwide.